LED Downlight Safety
Thursday, March 30, 2017 Filed in: safety
5 Good reasons to replace your Halogen lights:
- Get the most out of your new insulation batts this light is IC-F rated ( Insulation covered and Abutted rating ) We can cover new lights without big clearances in your insulation, many lights can add up to a large % of uninsuated area.
- High temperature of Old halogen globes create a fire hazard with combustible material within roof space timber beams, leaf matter and some types of insulation.
- Being a fully sealed light, dust and insects or direct air flow won’t pass in or out of your home’s living space. Less heat gain in summer and less heat loss in winter.
- Big reductions of energy use for example the LED is 13 watts instead of the 50 watt halogen.
- Huge life span, expectancy is 50,000 hours or 10 years, No more no need to change burnt out globes or transformers.
Here are some examples of why you should replace your old Halogen lights: